Tuesday, September 4, 2012

D Day

I originally wrote this on August 1st but it's taken a month to finally be able to post it. I'm still in denial but I'm trying to deal with it the best I can. 

Today is the first day of the rest of my life….I filed for divorce.  I filled out the paperwork, handed it to my attorney, and let the tears fall from my puffy eyes.  This is a decision that I’ve been contemplating since JC threatened divorce years ago and almost every day since.  I will never fully understand how things went so bad so quickly but I now understand what I need to do to be the best me.  This is possibly the most emotional day of my life and will pale in comparison to the day our divorce is granted.  We have a long road ahead of compromising and agreeing on the terms but the end is in sight.   This does not bring me pleasure, happiness, or relief.  All that I feel is anger, sadness, and I am utterly heartbroken.  But I know in my heart that this is the right decision for our family.   We are at a point of no return and this is the only way to leave with some dignity for the sake of ourselves and our children.  Our children, what a confusing statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment