Monday, August 13, 2012

Boot Camp - Heaven or Hell

I started a boot camp class today and will be going for the next 30 days if my body can stand it.  I’m really trying to shock by body since I’ve been treating it so bad for the past year.  I’m a very active person but I haven’t been “working out” regularly.  I blame my constant state of exhaustion brought on by my mini-me.  I truly believe if I was getting more than 4 hours of sleep, I would be motivated to go to the gym.  So of course on the eve of my first 4:10am wake up call, C decides to get back on me for blaming her and stays up ALL night.  I slept for a measly 30 mins before my alarm.  Ask me at five how I’m feeling!  Alright, alright, enough complaining!! 

So the class starts and I’m breathless within 5 mins and the instructor comes over and tells me that people have been known to throw up and pass out so I need to be aware of my body and if I need a break.  Need a break?  I think it’s time to call it a day!  Did I really sign up for this extreme punishment?  45 mins (and lots of breaks later), I was walking out the door figuratively patting myself on my back since I can’t raise my arm up that high right now.  Next up, running during my lunch hour.  Hey, they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.  I’m hoping for the latter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment