Friday, August 24, 2012

Time Flies

My son started 8th grade last week.  Do you know what that means?  He’ll be in high school next year.  HIGH SCHOOL!!!  My sweet little boy is definitely becoming an unruly teenager who has been doing very teenager like things of late.  I know all of us go through what seem like rites of passage and we all end up okay in the end.  What I need to understand is how to parent during these trying times.  Being kind and understanding doesn’t seem to work.  Screaming and threatening only gets a laugh in response.  How do I navigate the waters for the next 5 years while he grows into a man?  I’ve talked this over with many friends who have been there, done that and the only advice they all have in common….tell him you love him as much as you can and try to sneak in a hug and kiss when he’ll let you.  Every time I see him I want to take him in my arms, hold him, pepper him with kisses, tell him I love him and that everything will be okay.  But I don’t because his rejection hurts so bad.  So I’ll keep on truckin and try to find the right balance for the both of us. 


 
How is time moving this fast and why I can’t I stop the clock so I can hold on to this moment a little longer?  My kids are growing up so fast and I feel like if I blink, I’m going to miss something monumental.  I want them to stay little a little while longer.  Would someone please grant me that wish?

No comments:

Post a Comment